Monday, March 18, 2013

Learning to Love

It can be very hard having to learn from your own sermons, maybe it is that way because I tend to be harder on myself at times than on others.  But here I am finding myself struggling to live out the love that I have received from God and others in a proper way.  

We are still getting the new house in order and are very busy.  We are all tired and at times I find myself "grumpy" and "irritated" which usually means that my tone of voice and sharp answers can be hurtful towards others.  My mind swirls with comments about how everyone else needs to start to understand me and my situation better.  Then the Holy Spirit reminds me that life does not revolve around me.  Conviction sets in and my heart becomes repentant for my selfishness.  Apologies are given with hugs and some tears at times.  

Learning to love is a hard road filled with mistakes.  But if we learn to listen to the correction of the Spirit and repentantly apologize, we can repair damage a lot quicker and learn to love more effectively.  I am thankful because the Lord Jesus has given me a wonderful wife and family that forgive me often.  

Stress and busy times are no excuse to hurt others.  May we all grow together with grace for one another as we forgive each other so that we can better love one another and glorify God with our lives.

Let us walk together.

Pastor Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment