Sunday, March 10, 2013

I will Love God


I will love the Lord my God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind.

This was what we ended the sermon with today, a statement of commitment to really and truly LOVE God.  Not some emotional roller coaster but a true commitment to living my life with my primary, first love, being God.  This needs to be far more than a simple statement or understanding.  This is more than a desire to go to Church or to give more of my money or time.  It is a shift in thinking, in attitude that should affect my whole life.

If I am to live this commitment to Love God more, then my life will change.  My decisions and priorities will reflect what is real to me.  If my time and energy is all eaten up by work and playing hockey, then I am probably not living this commitment.  However if out of living this commitment, I also work hard as a testimony of what God has done and is doing in my life and play some hockey keeping in mind the testimony i have on and off the ice and how I can honor my Lord in this endeavor, then maybe I am following this concept of loving God truer and deeper than I have before.

Maybe it is not based on what I do so much as what I will not do.  So I have decided to make myself a list to remind me of my commitment.

  1. I will not put my work, family or friends in the spot of first priority in my life, God and only God should ever be in that position.
  2. I will not live my life according to my own selfishness or the thinking of the world, God and His Word (the Bible) will be my guide and standard for living.
  3. I will not abuse the time, talents and treasures that God has given to me, I will use all of who I am in service to Him and Him alone.
  4. I will not worship other gods, people, things or ideas, including myself, the true God, Creator and Redeemer, deserves my worship and only Him.
  5. I will not live in a pride filled state, I will seek to live in humility, repenting of my sins especially as I find myself not living up to this list.
Maybe your list would look different?  But I hope that you will join me in a fresh commitment to truly, from the core of you, love God.  Hold nothing back from Him, He will not turn you away if you submit yourself to His Lordship.

Let us walk together, setting our focus on our one true love,  Jesus - the Creator God of all things, our Savior & Lord.

Pastor Bruce



No comments:

Post a Comment