Thursday, April 18, 2013

Politics politics politics

As I sit here drinking a coffee waiting to meet someone I find myself immersed whether I like it or not in a conversation regarding politics. Not that I took part but rather the coffee shop I was in had been overtaken with the volume of a few guys in suits trying to sort out the latest political issues, the kind of discussion that used to draw me in but now like most if the room I have a huge distaste for.

Guys in suits, the establishment, too often Christians have sought to solve societies issues through such people. Yet it is a waste of time. People need Jesus not political agendas. Politicians included, they need The Lord in their lives.

Now the suits have left and a relaxed atmosphere has once again appeared. Interesting how people in suits with politics on their brains can increase the stress level in a room an decrease the level of community at the same time.

I find myself being reminded that I am here on mission for the King of Kings and not to be overly concerned with the politics of man. Sure we all have a responsibility to vote and be familiar with the issues but it should not overtake my life or a room that I am in, at least because of me.

Stand for Truth, live your Faith, be on mission for The Lord.

Pastor Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment